Friday, January 23, 2009

Bring the Spring

Shawn here. For the last few weeks, especially when it was extremely cold the past few days, I have been obsessively looking forward to the springtime. Constantly daydreaming, longing for those days when a t-shirt is just enough in the daytime and a nice light sweater is perfect for the evening.

Everything I do is in preparation for the upcoming season change. Clean the basement so we can get the grill out. Fix the screen doors. Wash the patio furniture. Pick up some citronella candles. Find a lefty baseball mitt for Eileen. Tune up the mongoose.

It surely is possible that I go through this every year, but I don't remember it ever being this intense. Perhaps that is because last year we didn't even use our grill. Perhaps it is simply that I hate the winter in every way (seasonal affective disorder? no such thing).

I know the spring is a while away, but I'm determined to keep a positive attitude.

Sorry, we usually try to stay away from "dear diary" type posts, but this is really all I can think about lately.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Yes, we did find me a lefty mitt. And yes, Shawn, there is such a thing as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), your wife has it!

It's these freezing cold days that makes me wish we would move to warmer climates, but nothing beats spring and summer in good 'ol Jersey!!