Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Carrie on My Wayward Son

It's always a good thing to give credit where credit is due.

Here are some mega high fives to Carrie Brownstein. We all know Carrie as the guitarist/singer in Sleater-Kinney, but I have found her to be as much an influence post-SK as while the band was making terrific albums.

Carrie's blog Monitor Mix is essentially the model for Half Of A Wing. I have tried my best to take the humorous yet informative, welcoming yet not too personal style of her blog as inspiration for mine. Even my ipod song reviews of the past are essentially a direct rip-off of her upcoming (hopefully) record review video vlog.


Thank you, Ms. Brownstein.


I used to be quite enamoured with her (I won't even get into "Locker 24"). While I still find her striking, I can look beyond that and really appreciate both in retrospect and real time the influence she has had on my creative output for so many years.

Also, let us not forget THUNDERANT

No comments: